Users of WhatsApp could previously only link their accounts to their desktop computer and their smartphone. WhatsApp has since introduced a new function called “companion mode” that enables users to access the same account from various devices.
Thanks to this new functionality, users will be able to use the same WhatsApp account on four devices. Only a small number of Android users will currently have access to the feature’s beta version, though.
A user can link their account with another device through a QR code when they install WhatsApp on a new phone. To access the option, tap the three-dot menu in the window’s upper right corner.
Here’s how users can link WhatsApp accounts across two devices.
- Download and join up for the most recent WhatsApp beta version on both devices.
- Log in and choose the three dots in the top right corner of the app to access the menu.
- To create a QR code when in companion mode, choose the “Link a Device” option.
- On your backup device, open WhatsApp and navigate to Linked Devices.
- Scanning the QR code displayed on the main device
- Your WhatsApp account will be connected on both devices after synchronizing chats.
Observe these steps to see a list of the devices that are linked to WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Then, select ‘Linked devices’ by tapping the three dots in the screen’s upper-right corner.
- Your WhatsApp account’s connected devices will be seen.
- Tap any device’s name to delink it.
Companion mode, a new feature that WhatsApp introduced, would let users access their accounts on up to four devices simultaneously. As of 188.8.131.52, only a small number of users have access to the beta version of this functionality.