Apple introduced “Apple Music Sing,” a karaoke-style feature for Apple Music, with iOS 16.2 for iPhone. With the addition of the option to modify vocals and real-time lyrics, Apple Music’s new karaoke mode allows you to sing along to your favorite songs even more.
One can take the lead and sing over the original artists by adjusting the animated real-time lyrics with vocals. Users can more easily follow the music because the lines are animated separately from the main vocals. Multiple listeners can participate in sing-along sessions since the lyrics for songs with various vocalists appear on opposing sides of the screen.
Using Apple Music Sing on an iPad or iPhone
Your iPhone or iPad must be updated to iOS 16.2 or iPadOS 16.2.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad
- Select General, then Software Update to iOS 16.2 or iPadOS 16.2.
- You can now download and install the update after seeing it available.
- After installation, adhere to these instructions to use Apple Music Sing.
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Apple Music app.
- If you search for “Apple Music Sing,” the app will show you two playlists that allow karaoke mode: “Sing-Along Essentials” and “Sing the Hits.” If you search for the song you wish to sing, there will be a “Sing” category on the search page.
- Play the song, select Now Playing, and hit the bottom-positioned lyrics button.
- On the right side is a Sing button with a microphone and stars; tap it.
- Now that Apple Music Sing is activated, you can change the vocal level by touching and holding the Sing button and dragging the slider up or down to boost or lower the vocal volume.
- Activate Apple Music Sing once more to turn it off
Be aware that the sing-along feature on Apple Music will not work with songs that do not include real-time lyrics.
It would be best if you also had an iPhone model 11 or newer. The iPad 9,10, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 4,5, iPad Pro M1, and M2 versions all feature Apple Music Sing. Apple TV 4K supports Apple Music Sing as well.