This article covers how to setup iMessage on iPads running iOS 8.1 or later.
Setting up iMessage
A few adjustments must be made in the Settings app to set up iMessage on an iPad. Here is how to setup iMessage on iPads running iOS 8.1.
- Select the Settings icon on your iPad’s home screen.
- Tap Messages after scrolling down.
- Make sure iMessage is activated (green).
- To set up your iMessage contact preferences, tap Send & Receive.
- To receive messages, tap the phone numbers and email addresses you want to use.
- On this screen, you must select at least one destination.
Once iMessage is configured, you can use the Messages app to communicate with your loved ones without an iPhone.
How to Use iMessage to Send More Than Text In an iMessage, you may transmit more than simply text.
Some instances of what you can do are as follows:
- Tap the heart with two fingers to start a new message, then write and send a message.
- To send money over iMessage, tap the Apple Pay icon.
- To transmit animated GIFS, tap the Images button and to attach images and videos from your Camera Roll, tap the Photos icon.
For even more iMessage message-sending choices, tap More.