This article describes the procedure to connect a Microsoft Surface Tablet to a TV wirelessly using Miracast or a Microsoft Wireless Adapter. For all Microsoft Surface tablets.
Here are the instructions to follow:
- On the Surface tablet, tap the symbol in the lower-right corner to launch the Action Center.
- Choose Connect.
- A list of available devices ought to appear. Locate and choose the person you wish to link.
- Some devices require a PIN or passcode to proceed. You should be able to see the screen of your Surface tablet on your TV after providing the necessary information.
Using the Microsoft Wireless Adapter, wirelessly connect the Surface Tablet to the TV.
- You can stream audio and video from your device to a TV that does not already support Miracast using the adaptor.
- Install the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter app on the Surface tablet. On the Microsoft Store, it is at no cost.
- The HDMI port on the TV should receive the HDMI end of the Microsoft Wireless Adapter.
- Install the adapter’s USB end in a USB charging port on the TV.
- The HDMI port into which the adapter was inserted must now match the TV input.
- Now, on the Surface Tablet, swipe in from the right side of the screen or click the Action Center icon in the taskbar to launch the Action Center.
- Select Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter after choosing Connect.
You’re Linked. Next, what?
Once your Surface Tablet is connected to your television, you may use it as a second screen to watch wirelessly streamed videos, show off pictures of your family, present a Powerpoint presentation, and more. You can use two or more apps simultaneously or move them back and forth between your Surface and your TV.